Thursday 26 April 2012

Supporting local business

I live in a busy town and we benefitted from a sparkly new shopping centre a couple of years ago. The choice of shops, restaurants and hairdressers has been greatly improved and has proven to be a great success for the town.

I however don't visit very often as I have made a conscious effort of late to support local businesses.

There is a parade of shops within 2 minutes walk of my home - I have my hair cut and coloured at the mother and daughter run hairdressers, buy my children's football cards and sweet treats at the father and son run newsagents, purchase my bottle of wine from the local off license.

I'm not completely against high street or supermarket of course - but where I can I support businesses within walking distance.....do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment