Saturday 4 September 2010

Back to School

So day 1 of year 1 went well. Everything was labelled on time and polo shirt was even ironed!! Not sure if it was planned by Dan escaped the chaos and excitement as he needed to be on the Isle of Wight by 9am (hence a 6am getaway from the house!) This of course meant the boys and I had 3 hours to kill before the walk to school so we were super organised even if I did feel that I'd done a day's toil by 9am.

We are now a buggy free zone so Gabe opted to scoot to school (man is he fast on that thing) and Evan said he'd be cooler if he walked! It was a beautiful morning so we cut a dashing trio as we set off; I walked a safe distance behind Evan incase he toppled over from the weight of his new rucksack (the entire length of his torso!!)

Without a second glance he ran into the playground, I was greeted with hugs from lots of the Mum's which made me feel really good - I am a nice person after all and it was most odd not being the newbies in the playground - did Evan really look as tiny as all of the new Foundation Stage kids last year?

Decided to sack work today and Gabe and I enjoyed a day together - this time next year he'll be starting school full time (yikes!) We went swimming and took the dog for a lovely walk and played in the park .

All very uneventful but a reminder that my babies are growing up so fast ....... I should stop wasting time worrying and then blogging about it(!!) and just enjoy them

x

No comments:

Post a Comment